Jun 21, 2009

Mommy training

Every summer, Allen's CES training weeks have days where the spouses are invited and they have enrichment workshops for us!  What an awesome experience....I always get out of them exactly what I need at the time.  I went to one workshop taught by the artist, Liz Lemon Swindle.  She told us about the Son of Man project she is working on and how we need to constantly have the Spirit with us to be able to accomplish what we need to.  I also went to a workshop where a mom of 12 children, Sally Olsen,  was talking about being a mother of young children and how to improve.  I really enjoyed it.  The kids have been driving me a little crazy...with school being out and our routine is different and less structured.  I really just want to share one quote that is perfect for me right now:
N. Eldon Tanner said
 "A mother has far greater influence on her children than anyone else, and she must realize that every word she speaks, every act, every response, her attitude, even her appearance and manner of dress affect the lives of her children and the whole family.  It is while the child is in the home that he gains from his mother the attitudes, hopes, and beliefs that will determine the kind of life he will live and the contributions he will make to society."
The couple of hours I spent learning and growing during these workshops have helped me make new goals and a determination to be better.  Thanks to Marnie for watching the kiddos.  Our ward girls were at girls camp and our favorite sitter just moved out of state!  :(

2 comments:

Cecilie said...

AMEN!!! Thanks for including that quote...I am definitely going to put that one on the bathroom mirror to be reminded EVERY day...and maybe by the kitchen sink, the door....:-)

Brandon and Tina Goss said...

That is a great quote...I need to step up my game a bit!

I wish we could come play tomorrow but I'm going to the Doctor in the morning and I think I can only manage the one outing! Brandon's Mom is coming out tomorow night so we'll have to plan on it in a couple weeks.

By the way...I'm loving the wedding picture on your blog!