Jun 8, 2009

Roses anyone?

I need help!!!  I counted my rose bushes in my yard and I have 20!  Ahhhh!  I know how to prune roses when they are in season and to dead head them and such, but I really need help on how to prune them back when fall comes.  I don't want to kill the bushes but I need to mold them and shape them the way I want them.  They are wild and out of control this year!  But they sure are pretty!  Any suggestions?  Any good books about taking care of them?  I was thinking of picking up a roses for dummies book...

3 comments:

Becca said...

Oh, they are beautiful....but I don't know a thing about roses...sorry. Did you do the flower arrangment? It's beautiful!

Nancy said...

Roses are a mystery to me. If you do like whatever book you find, let me know. I would like to learn about flowers.

The Manning Family said...

Colter might have some ideas for you. I know nothing about plants. Everything in our yard would be dead if it wasn't for him. Feel free to call him and ask away! We miss you guys!