Jun 3, 2010

THE LOADER!!!

I finally have a tractor boy. Porter LOVES Tractors. He loves to pull over at a construction site and watch the "excavators" and "loaders" and "dump trucks"...oh yeah and "mighty mixers" (cement trucks). We had a HUGE memorial weekend project in our yard and our wonderful neighbor said he would haul away rocks with a loader from work. Porter was in heaven!
He sees the loader coming...

And even got to ride it. His comments were "we went on the bumpy road" "I pushed the buttons" and such. He LOVED it!
Of course, all of the boys wanted to try. Our fabulous neighbor let Miles actually drive it. Talk about a bumpy ride. :)
Quincy honked that horn as soon as he was close enough to reach. His comment was "we need to get one of those..."



Here is a video to show our project. I didn't get a before shot so if you've never been to our house this won't mean much. Let's just say...our hands were raw and I never want to lift another rock in my whole life. BUT we still have another side to do later in the year. Now, we just need to lay the bark chips. Oh yeah, and Allen has been interior painting too! It looks awesome! Thanks hubby for starting the tradition of house projects for memorial day weekend! They always turn out so well.

Hey, Dad, don't I totally sound like Grandpa when I described the project in the video? It totally cracked me up when I watched it.


No comments: