Oct 28, 2010

The willows are out!!!!

Meet our willow trees...
We have had a love/hate relationship with these trees...
I have LOVED them for the shade in the summer...
Allen has HATED them for being so messy...
Alas, Allen wins.
One of them started cracking....
It was either going to fall on the house or someone walking by...
So they had to go bye bye. Porter was a happy camper all day watching the heavy machinery!!!

It looks so weird now! I know I will get used to it but I still forget we did it sometimes, until I look at the house. I actually surprised Allen. He's been wanting it done, but I finally called and set up the time without him knowing...thought it would be fun. It took him awhile to notice since he got home after dark on the day it was done. Congrats dear, you won the "tree war". Haahaa.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Wow, what a project! I'm sure the boys loved it.