Aug 17, 2012

Catch up Summertime Post

Wow!  I feel like summertime blogging has the title "catch up" or "summertime fun" each time and I only post once in awhile.  We must be enjoying the summer!
Here's what's been going on...

Mom and Ella made a trip to California to visit Aunt Brenda, Uncle Hugh, and cousin Paige!

Hugh loves Ella

And she loves him...she loves when people are willing to get on the floor at her level!

Auntie B and Ella
and I am kicking myself....no picture of Ella and Paige...hopefully at Christmas we can get one!

Daddy kept the boys hopping at home.  He was such a great sport about spending 4 straight days with the boys without mom.  
Here they are at the BYU practice.
I'm going to have to do a separate post of their hike to Timp Cave.  They also had a pancake breakfast at the Salem Days and watched fireworks that night.  They were non stop playing!!  Lucky lucky boys.  Porter is still saying he missed me...but I am not sure.  Mom is definitely not that fun!


Here's what happens when mom comes home from her 5 days in California.  Yeah, my boys do NOT like zucchini!


OTHER HAPPENINGS:

Miles is FINALLY saying goodbye to his favorite sweatshirt.  We have new ones for him this year.  This sweatshirt was worn every day of the school year for 2 years.  yeah, it used to be navy blue.  


and darn it, Ella refuses to stay LITTLE!  I keep telling her to, but she is not obeying!

her new favorite toy...
This has been all of the boys favorite too...easy to hold onto and suck on.

and still lovin those hands and fingers to suck on...

wiggle worm...
She rolled over for the first time on August 15th!

She loves to grab onto her shirt and get it in her mouth!  Here she is at that skill!

 School starts Tuesday.  Can't believe the summer is almost over, but I think we are all ready for a change in routine.  The boys have been buddies this summer, which was fun to see.  Playing at the park (baseball) was a favorite.  But they have also been "at each other" and so it will be good to change it up! Quincy is super excited to have lunch at school!  Porter is excited to start preschool!  Miles is older...and, therefore, not ready to start school :)  Ella isn't going to know what to do without 24/7 attention from her protectors!
Happy Fall?  I count down the days till I can decorate for fall....my favorite of all seasons!

No comments: