Aug 1, 2012

Ella at 3 months

Ella is so much fun.  She is our smiley little girl...except when a camera is around.  I was lucky to get this shot of her.  She is moving so much and makes all of the shots blurry.  She loves to sit up (with help) and be BIG.  She has found her hands and loves to suck on them.  She is starting to move in a circle when laying on her back.  I will find her facing a different direction when I come back a few minutes later.  Ella is going to be so sad when school starts because her brothers give her so much attention right now.  They are really good with her...Porter is still trying to learn what "soft" is though.  Ella weighs about 13 pounds.  It's hard to remember what life in our family was like without her.  She is so loved.  
Many people have asked how it is to finally have a girl?? Right now, it's very similar to having a boy.  Baby routine....diapering, okay maybe that is different, feeding, sleeping, holding...you know the baby stuff.  The clothes are fun and different, I guess.  But I did have a moment the other day that really was my first..."oh dear, we have a girl" moment.  I was feeding Ella and I yelled for one of the boys because I wanted to talk to him.  It scared Ella.  I calmed her down and then continued to feed her...but believe me, I heard about it for the rest of the feeding.  Every once in awhile she would stop and cry some more...really? it happened awhile ago Ella.  That kind of girliness will take some getting used to!!!  
Happy 3 months Ella!  We love you tons!


1 comment:

Tiffany Robinson said...

Oh...I never knew that was a girl thing. I thought all babies did that.
I guess you should YELL more often and she might get use to it....hee hee.