Mar 31, 2009

You say goodbye, I say hello...Our van experience!

Okay...so here is the Goodbye van story.
I was waiting for a train.  (I should say that when I wait for a train I usually stop a few car lengths behind the next car) So we were watching for the train and the BIG truck in front of me starting to get impatient and wanted to flip a U turn rather than wait for the train.  He says he didn't see me and he backed up really fast and smashed right into the front of our van.  I honked 3 times and I saw it coming and it was in major slow motion.  The boys were screaming and I was shocked...but also super glad it wasn't my fault.  I didn't think that they would total the van and that we would get to fork over our own money to get something else.

Look how nice the van still looks from the rear!
So it doesn't look THAT bad right?  well the guy's insurance wouldn't pay to have it fixed because the repairs were more than the van is worth.  bummer!  We test drove a lot of vans that were "similar" to our old van and we realized how good of shape our old van was in.  sniff sniff. So we got to put lots of money plus the insurance money into a newer van. 

Ta Da!  Yeah...I know.  I looks like...well....a van!
It's a Pontiac Montana.  We like how it drives more like a car than a van.  and it will be nice to have the DVD player for long trips.  But what an ordeal.  Especially in the same week as signing on a new house!  

2 comments:

Loucks 6 said...

I can't believe it!!! How crazy, I am sorry to hear about that!!! I am so excited for you guys....even though there was some craziness! I need to call you!!
I miss you tons!

Anonymous said...

Stupid Utah drivers...hahaha sorry couldn't resist. I'm happy the van is the only "person" that received any injuries. Can't wait to see the new house!
Lyn