May 29, 2009

Miles is moving on to 1st grade

I can't believe it!  My first baby is going to be in ALL day school next year.  I didn't really freak out with him doing Kindergarten, but I am really freaking out for 1st grade.  He is going to be gone all day, even for lunch.  sniff sniff.  Now that mom is done with that....

MILES IS SO EXCITED!!!
Miles absolutely loved Kindergarten.  When we moved in March to our new house, I was planning on driving him to his class 7 miles from our new house so he could stay with the same school and teacher.  He was so excited to see his new school that we just went with it and signed him up.  He loved his 2nd kindergarten class too.  I am so proud of him.  He is our little social butterfly and has made lots of new friends and can't wait to be in 1st grade.  He learned how to read this year and is starting to gain a concept of math and money.  Miles, you are so smart and we are so proud of you and all of your accomplishments this year!!  You are our buddy boy and even though you don't think so, you will always be my baby!!
This is his teacher, Mrs. Lyman.  She is absolutely wonderful!  She made the transition so smooth and effortless!  Thank you so much Mrs.Lyman!!
Program shots are so hard.  I never get great shots from where I am sitting.  But this was super cute.  Miles caught Allen's eye and signed him an I Love you right before they started.  
P.S. The gloves were part of the costume.
On to 1st grade......and it's good that the only person freaking out is mom!!

2 comments:

m said...

First grade was great. I was amazed by kindergarten, how quickly she learned to read, but in first grade they really take off with the reading. She is in the 4 grade reading level now. Dani starts kindergarten now, and that's super exciting. When does Quincy start K?

Cecilie said...

I love that Miles is flashing the I love you sign! They sure do grow up fast and I am sure when my kids hit school-age it will go by even faster! YIKES!!! Hang in there mom :-)