Aug 21, 2012

1st Day of School

Very mixed emotions this week.  The kids are back in school.  The boys have had a fun fun summer.  They have spent lots of time together playing...so fun to see them be friends.  But they were starting to pick at each other and I knew it was getting time.  Dad has taken them on some fun adventure hikes, a requirement when a new baby arrives at our house.  We went to Idaho to visit family.  But with baby Ella being born, the boys have done a wonderful job of staying busy right here at home this summer.
I thought I was ready for the change in routine, but then Allen gave the boys Priesthood Blessings for FHE Monday night.  I realized I didn't want Quincy gone all day this year!  So sad!!  As I peaked at his sweet face during the prayer, I realized again what a special boy he is. He is such a tender and passionate person.  It's sometimes hard to be around him because of those characteristics OR it's the best!  Hard to know how to feel.  But he was sure ready...



Miles says he isn't ready but he's been itchy lately!  Can't believe he is in 4th grade.  wow!  He gets taller by the minute it seems....buying church pants again....sigh!
He wouldn't let me take his picture at the classroom door.  :)
It's been fun hanging out with him this summer after the other boys are in bed.  We were Olympic watching buddies!  He gets into it like I do. Some things about Miles remind me of me when I was little...helps me not get irritated! heehee  

My boys are BASEBALL CRAZY!!! Miles has always been our Rockies fan.  Quincy for some reason got into the Phillies, and Porter likes the Pirates (not sure why on that one...maybe the cool mascot and the big P for Porter)
I found lunchboxes with the team logos on them!  That was waiting at their breakfast places this morning.  I am so glad I decided to buy Porter one.  He would've been so sad.  He felt kind of lost without the brothers today...he adores them!

Porter had to carry his lunchbox (snack bag for preschool for him) and the tag and note to the school.  And he was kind enough to "pose" with it for me!
Yes, he is still in his jammies.  
I am hoping to spend some great one on one time with Porter now that school is in session.  He used to be my little buddy and he has felt that slip away with Ella's arrival.  He is getting big so fast and pretty soon I will be tearing up thinking of him gone all day long too!

Truly I can't win...I was ready for them to go back to school...and now that they have been gone one day...I miss them.  They are my buddies, even if they are crazy busy bodies :)
I love you boys!

No comments: