Aug 21, 2012

Raspberry Picking: a new tradition

Those of you who know us, know we have lots of raspberries in our backyard....so why in the world did we go berry picking?? I needed to make more jam this year and we love our berries so much they rarely make it to jam!  The boys had so much fun.  Miles asked if we could go back the next day!!  It's called McBride Briar Patch in Mapleton.  The owners are so nice and make sure the kids know that testing the berries is important to make sure you are getting good ones :)


missing my grandma right about now...
I use her recipe for berry jam and she taught me how to make it.  She always used a fork instead of a blender and so it's just tradition!

Can't wait to enjoy this winter!!!

The Patch doesn't open until August 15, so we have decided to make it a tradition to go yearly right before school starts...doesn't hurt my feelings any!  Love the berries and jam!

No comments: