Jun 15, 2008

The DADS in my life

I am so grateful for all of the dads in my life.   
Of course I must start with my own dad.  Doesn't he look the same as he did 15 years ago? Okay, except for the gray hair...he claims I did that to him!  I am so thankful for my dad.  We have been through our share of struggles, but I am so grateful for the love and support he gives 
me and my family.  It is so fun to watch him be a grandpa.  He loves it so much, and the boys absolutely adore him!  It breaks my heart to see Miles standing at the window crying as Grandpa Hansen pulls away to drive home. (Miles and him are especially close) I love you dad...and look forward to more frequent visits once you retire!!

I love this picture of Tom directing his band and Allen sitting in the foreground.  Tom is such a great dad in our family.  No matter how long it takes them to drive, Tom and Carol are at most family events...we appreciate all they do to make it to pretty much everything.  The boys love spending time with Grandpa Matthews (the grandpa that plays the trumpet)

My Grandpa Hansen (Grandpa Paul to the boys) and my Grandpa Bradford are so much fun to visit.  Although they like to bug me about the "kitty cup" incident when I was 3 and they were babysitting me and couldn't figure out what I wanted, I love them so much and am so thankful for all they do for my family.  I get a weird habit from my Grandpa Hansen.  When I was a kid, he introduced me to a fruit I had never tasted before, a kiwi fruit.  He taught me to eat it with the skin still on it...you know the furry skin.  Now, I realize he just didn't want to peel it for me!!  Grandpa Bradford and I share the enjoyment of gardening.  I love you guys!

Last, but not least, is Allen  AKA daddy at our house.  I didn't know which pictures to put on here because there are so many.  The boys have so much fun with their daddy.  He is so good with them and I thank Heavenly Father all the time that my children have such a wonderful daddy!  I love you hubby. 
 Happy Father's Day all you wonderful dads! 



No comments: