Jun 10, 2008

It's all about moments!


In the last general conference Elder Ballard gave a fabulous talk to the Daughters of God.  I absolutely love the whole talk, but this adorable picture of Porter reminded me of one part in particular:

"...recognize that the joy of motherhood comes in moments.  There will be hard times and frustrating times.  But amid the challenges, there are shining moments of joy and satisfaction."

What an adorable picture of my baby Porter!  Of course all moms think that their kids are the cutest...that's how it should be.  But pictures like this are reminders to me that it is all worth it...the pregnancy, delivery, sleepless nights, endless diaper changes, crying, and trying to deal with all 3 kiddos at once.  But there are moments that help me forget all of that.  Moments like this one.  Porter is so happy and we enjoyed that moment together.  He will only be a baby once and I keep telling him to "not be so big".  I love being a mommy and try to remember those "shining moments of joy and satisfaction", especially when I am having one of those days that is not so joyful. 
Thanks Porter for the shining moment! 

No comments: