Nov 9, 2008

Count your blessings!

November is the "thankful" month right? I know we are supposed to be thankful all the time, but November really helps us to remember all we've been blessed with. Sometimes it's just hard to remember....
I am tired...in many ways. Porter is teething and up a lot at night lately and the older boys are getting up at 6am (7am without daylight savings) so I have been starting my days kind of cranky. Whining is at an all time high and I am having a hard time STAYING CALM!!!
So I am really glad to have lots of reminders about my blessings. Today as I sang the opening song at church "Count your Blessings" I really felt like the message was meant for me....I've sung that song a ton of times but I almost got teary eyed from the getgo today...
"when you are discouraged, thinking all is lost, Count your many blessings; name them one by one, and it will surprise you what the Lord has done."
I DO HAVE LOTS OF BLESSINGS!!


Here is our Thankful Turkey. We made it last week for FHE. We can
add feathers throughout the day when we think of things we are thankful for.

MILES
Miles is so amazing! I had to put this picture on the blog. Just look
how grown up he looks. He loves school and is loving his "projects"
that keep him busy after school is over. Miles is very thoughtful and
always concerned for others. He is my big helper and loves to
work. I love you Buddy boy and am so thankful for you!

QUINCY
Quincy is 100% fun and full of excitement and joy OR 100%
miserable. He is so passionate about everything. He is very physical and loves to
wrestle and basically can "take care of" any of us in the
family...as in "TAKE US DOWN" He's got a gorgeous smile and it's so fun to
receive kisses and headbutts (a form of affection for him) from our Kiki.
I love you KiKi!

PORTER
Babies are so much fun. Porter is loving his new freedom of getting around the house but having a hard time with all of the bruises and bonks! We got balloons at the library because the library bond passed!! Look at how much fun he had with the balloon. Sometimes I need to remember how simple and wonderful it was to be a kid! Porter is my baby boy and such a wonderful blessing! He's learning to keep up with his brothers and will try to get on the
wrestling pile and bite the person on top! Go PT!
I love you Por Por!
Although the last week has been hard, I am so thankful for all of my blessings,
and plan on counting them a little more often!
(Greetings all....This is Allen.....I'm at work.......and just saw Tara's newest post......
So I thought I'd edit this post with out Tara knowing......
I just want everyone to know that we had a lesson about being thankful last Monday for FHE---As we introduced the "Thankful Turkey" and asked Miles and Q what they were most thankful for they said MOM first!!!--then home, crayons, then friends, Buzz (as in Light year) and sprinklers and scriptures etc........Dad didn't make the list until the following day
with mom's encouragement I'm sure. :)
Tara, your Boys.....All 4 of us and especially,
me the biggest most "thankful turkey" of all
LOVE YOU!!!)

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Thank you, Tara, for the reminder. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has been a little cranky since daylight savings ended. Now, I'm off to count my blessings!

david said...

what a great idea!!! you guys have such a cute family - it was fun to see you at the halloween party!

Nancy said...

What a beautiful and uplifting post, Tara. Enjoyed Allen's comments on the end, too.