May 9, 2009

It's May! Horray!

The tramp is up!  



The garden planted!  We have peas (only a few came up), lettuce, green beans, yellow beans, pickling cucumbers, carrots, melons, tomatoes, and baby pumpkins.  FUN!

It's so fun to see the yard coming alive for the first time.  We bought the house and didn't even know all that was in the yard, scary huh?  
Here are some bulbs by the front porch.
In this shot you can see our raspberries and the some of the fruits trees along the side fence.  We have 2 apple, a pear, and a peach.  I am super excited!!
Porter absolutely loves to be outside.  He throws rocks, eats whatever, and loves to play with the dirt and bark chips.  If I turn my head for a few seconds, he is in the street!  I have to keep a close eye on him!
Here he is doing another favorite past time.  Pulling apart all of my flowers!  GRRRRR!
But with a face like that, how can I stay mad???

3 comments:

Nancy said...

You're right. You can't stay mad with a face like that. Way to go with the garden. I got my corn planted, but I still haven't made it to the nursery for anything else. Mini pumpkins, melons--those sound fun. I didn't know you were such a bean fan. Green and yellow, huh? Are the yellow ones wax beans? I don't know much about them. Ya know, if you get tired of all that fruit, you know where to send it. hee hee Good to see you tonight, even if it was for just a second. Happy Mother's Day!

Lydia Moon said...

Your yard is beautiful! Looks like a lot of fun. And Porter is cracking me up. Mostly because I don't have a yard for my kids to destroy, so I am not feeling your pain yet. :)

The Manning Family said...

Tara, your boys are darling! You take great pictures. Your yard is beautiful. Colter sat here and looked at the pictures with me and he loves your yard too. Hope you are feeling settled in! We miss you!