May 16, 2010

Grandma Bradford remembered

Even though my grandma died a month ago, I still catch myself wanting to pick up the phone and call her. She was one of my best friends. I miss her. I am so thankful for her, her life of service, and all she taught me. I was so lucky to have such an amazing grandma. I want to make her proud, and I can't wait to see her again!!

Here we are last summer. This sweater was one of her favorites! It hangs in my closet. It still smells like her!

I flew out to CA before the funeral to help with things and Allen drove the boys out. What a wonderful husband I have. He drove to CA, went to the funeral, and then drove home the next day, ON HIS BIRTHDAY! I owe him big time. I have wonderful neighbors who helped with the kids. I stayed in CA a few extra days to help my aunt go through grandma's things. It was an emotional week: hard, but one I am so grateful for.

Here is my cousin Paige with the boys. Grandma's favorite color was blue so we all wore blue for the funeral.

Me and my brother, Jameson. NO, we are not twins!

Porter was so excited to be out of the car...he just rolled and rolled in the grass.
Grandma made chocolate dipped strawberries for all sorts of ocassions, so it was only fitting to have them for the luncheon following the funeral.
Grandma Bradford loved lilacs. Her "smell" was Youth Dew, by Estee Lauder. As a child, I told my mom that grandma had a smell. Everyone thought I was funny, but as an adult, we figured out the smell. Her packages smelled, her clothes, her house, everything. So nice to have a reminder of her in my house....even if it is her smell! She taught me how to can fruit, make freezer jam, and cook all sorts of yummy things. If I needed to know how to freeze something, I would call her. She called me her "sweetie". She served her whole life. I hope I can follow in her footsteps.
God be with you, Grandma, until we meet again.

1 comment:

Lydia Moon said...

Oh, Tara! My heart aches for your loss. But I'm so happy for you that you had such a close relationship with your grandma. May you have God's comfort and peace!