Jun 4, 2012

"Lady of Light"

Ella Joy Matthews was blessed by her daddy on Sunday June 3, 2012.
Daddy gave her a beautiful blessing.  He talked about her becoming a "lady of light".  I love that phrase.  Dad also asked Miles what he thought should be said in the blessing.  Miles said he thought the blessing should include her being "strong".  Allen said, "Like so she can beat you up?" Miles said more like being strong to Choose the Right!  Love it Miles.  
We love our "lady of light"!
So so thankful to have the Priesthood on the earth today to bless our family.  I know I am biased, but I think my kids have the best daddy ever.  I hope my kids know how lucky they are. 


We are so thankful that Grandpa and Grandma Hansen could be here for Ella's blessing.

I love my baby girl.

I am so impressed with my boys.  They love Ella and want to hold her and kiss her often.

Ella and her daddy

Wondering how our 4 year old is adjusting to not being the baby anymore?  He has been doing very well, but does have a pretty short fuse.  Notice his presence in our "family" picture?  Yeah, that was one of those moments!

We love you baby Ella!

2 comments:

Rasmussens said...

She looked so cute in her dress. I really liked Allen's blessing. I loved how he called her a lady of light too.

LBB said...

Congrats to all of you on the birth of that darling baby girl! It's fun for me to see you two as parents since I have very fond memories of you in your single roles. Looks like life is good for all of you - just as it should be. Love to all!
Lynnette Butler