Jun 28, 2012

Miles turns 9

Miles is 9....is that really possible? 
We had a fun day.  Summer birthdays are exciting at our house because dad can take off work!  We had presents, Colorado Rockies cake, mini golf, batting cages, and games.  What more could we want?  

We decorated his room for when he woke up....at 6:30am his wake up time since he was little!

Presents included baseball gloves, a basketball, MONEY, his own Spicy Nacho Doritos, and a new Colorado Rockies baseball hat....thank goodness because his old one was "well loved" aka hideous!




9 Things I LOVE about Miles:

1. How kind he is to others.  He's made gifts for the neighbor mom.  He is a great friend and people like Miles because of his kindness.

2. His laugh...it's giggly and I don't see that side of him very often so I love the giggles!

3. He's a wonderful brother.  He puts up with younger bros tagging a long and you should see him with Ella.  He adores her.

4. He really talks at bedtime.  He likes to talk in bed.  You know how boys are: How was your day? fine.  That's it.  But at bedtime he will really talk.

5. His eye rolling.  reminds me that he is my child and a lot like I was when I was a kid.

6. He is smart.  but not conceited about it.

7. His dedication to sports.  He works hard and will practice 23 hours a day if possible!

8. Love to hear him go into "sports radio" mode.  He has been watching sports highlights before school since he was in kindergarten.  He has to talk sports with adults...most kids can't keep up with the "facts".  I still can't figure out what he is talking about sometimes!

9. He is my buddy boy...and will always be my baby.  I love how I can tell he loves my hugs and kisses even though he pretends to hate them!

No comments: