Jun 26, 2012

St. Petersburg Florida EFY 2012

We hesitated about doing EFY this year because of baby Ella, but we decided to do it with her.  We love helping out at EFY.  The youth are amazing and we learn so much from them.  St. Pete FLA was a fun adventure....humid, spanish moss, BEACH, huge bugs, and the friendliest and most polite people in the world.  We want our sons to marry a girl from the South.  (Allen was sure worried about meeting up with a gator on campus...heehee)

Look at us on campus...we look like missionaries...someday we hope!

Ever contemplate doing an EFY with a 7 week old....
Yeah it was pretty tiring!  
Ella was a trouper...until about Thurs afternoon and then she was done and ready to be home!

Our hotel room was like a dorm room and she was very patient with us bathing her in the sink!  Mom, I am too big for this small sink!  Our room also had regular lizard friends too! :)

 Daddy got to have his first dance with Ella at EFY...how cool is that!!?

Ella got to feel the ocean between her toes...

Wish we would've had more time to spend at the beach....sigh.

Of course, the boys with their spoils from Florida!  They requested Florida Orange juice and twinkies (layover in Chicago where they make them), and a Gator shirt for Miles. (sunglasses are Porter's "prize") Thanks a TON to Grandpa and Grandma Matthews for taking such good care of our boys while we were gone.
 Now to implement some Southern manners into these crazy wonderful boys of ours....hmmmm we'll let you know how that goes!!


2 comments:

Katie L. said...

How fun! I have nephews that have grown up in the south and they have the best manners! I have tried to get my boys to follow but it still isn't working. :)

Victoria Dreiling said...

Oh my goodness!! Brother and Sister Matthews! I was at this EFY!! I looked up "EFY St. Pete" and your blog showed up! Oh, how I have missed you! You both are so inspiring and such great people. I will never forget you, you have made such an impact in my life! Thank you!!!

Victoria Dreiling
(The girl who always told you what I wrote down after Brother Matthews devotionals. The one who found out she wants to be a missionary!)