Apr 8, 2013

EASTER 2013

Easter always seems to creep up on me.  It's always a battle to figure out how to balance the real reason for Easter and all of the other "fun" stuff like eggs, candy, etc...
We talked a lot about Christ and the "true" meaning of Easter.  But that doesn't mean they weren't super excited for candy, eggs, and such
(No Easter bunny at our house....can't bring myself to do that)

We actually dyed eggs this year, even if it was on Easter and didn't get to hide them. 
The eggs got named, and the boys had a hard time cracking them to eat them :)



How did I not get pics of Easter basket goodness....usually everything is spring/summer oriented.  Shorts, swim trunks, bubbles, beach towels, etc...
the only pic I got of basket treasures...I was thrilled to find a replacement Bobo.  Porter's Bobo is looking so so nasty and this is an exact duplicate except for the embroidered hearts.  He promptly told me "yeah, now Bobo has a girlfriend" NOOOOOO!  If you know me well, you know that I am not big into stuffed animals and I was planning on replacing not adding to the collection.

My creative genius of a son loves to make things.  This is his candy machine from the easter candy.

We finally found the last chocolate foiled egg yesterday after 1 week!
Love that tradition too!
Happy Easter/Spring!!

No comments: