Aug 14, 2008

Too good to be true??

I've noticed that a lot of my friends' blogs are super cute and tell all of the wonderful things their families are doing and the accomplishments of the kids,etc...hardly ever do they mention the struggles.  I think it's good to acknowledge that some days are crazy and sometimes the kids just drive you bonkers. (I am sure we drive them bonkers sometimes too)
The other day was one of those days at our house.  Porter has been teething and won't sleep well during the day.  So if he isn't eating, he is super fussy.  I even forgot to feed him at dinner time because he has been so fussy that I totally forgot that he was hungry!  I finally realized that was the problem when Porter started sucking on my neck...poor kid.  
Miles got stung by a yellow jacket and his hand puffed up so much that he couldn't straighten out his fingers. 
If we survive raising Quincy it will be a miracle.  He is into spitting right now!  I sent him to his room, but went to nurse the baby right after that.  He grabbed a chair from his room and threw it down the stairs.  It made a major indention in the wall at the bottom of the stairs.  And of course he just smiles about it.   (But, he can be so lovable...he is sitting right next to me right now kissing my arm)
So if you ever think that you just won't make it through the day, remember that we all have days like that.  AND we make it through the day....and live to tell about it....and smile again in the morning!  
I love being a mom....sometimes I just have "I don't like it" moments!  The boys teach me so much and I love them! Always!  
Thanks boys...for making sure there is never a dull moment!  How boring would that be :)

2 comments:

m said...

I hear ya sista. I've been marveling over how good my girls are these days. The summer started out rough (lots of fighting between the girls) then I got prego-i-fied, and now I mostly hang out next to the toilet or on my bed. The girls are so great about it. The just sorta banded together and play all day. They get along great but I feel guilty about being boring. Yesterday during their second movie of the day I got up off the bed, grabbed my wallet an said, "You girls need some candy RIGHT NOW!" We went to Safeway and they got to pick out their treat. Monday school starts...then I won't feel so bad. They'll get more useful stimulation than the TV provides. Oh jeeze, hope this all passes soon!

Carrie said...

Hey, Tara! Thanks for this post! At first I thought, "I don't want to write about the hard stuff and who wants to read about it?" But then it occured to me that it's theraputic for the writer and the reader! Thanks for reminding me that I'm not alone in my frustrations! And the hard times help us appreciate the great times!